Lovaholic got into Donuts addiction since early this year before the newly opened Donut Factory need to queue for a crazy 3 HOURS!!! Who in the world would really want to queue for that long *Jaws drop*
I have got a sweet tooth over sweet pastry stuff especially cuppies (Cupcakes) and traditional cakes/Kuey!!! *Yum Yum*
Of course, I will not give up on any chances on getting my claws lay on the yummy fluffy ring aka DONUTS!!!!!
DONUT FACTORY:
Well, the one that started it all....

Donut Factory's dozen of great delicious flavours!!!

Messy but Delicious!!! :P
Verdict:
Something like the "Bubble Tea" craze that happened years ago... This time round its the DONUTS craze... DONUT FACTORY is owned by a Parkistani/German guy... started early Jan 2007... I think the power of media plays a very important part for why it get so famous and people in Singapore are all willing to queue at least 3 hours for a dozen of donuts... Some even got more than 2 dozens!!! (@_@)
SGD$ 12 for a dozen. 15 great flavors in total and really soft plus fluffy as compare to other local available donuts outlets! After reheating in the toast oven, it tasted more heavenly!!! *drools* The size of the donut is another important factor for me, if its too small it will not be great at all and if its too big it will be tooooo "GREAT"!!! --- > Fussy Vienne *Roll eyes* Donut Factory's are all the right size!!!
I got to taste Donut Factory's on 21st Jan 2007 WITHOUT queueing as I am smart *Blah* Nah!!! I called to pre-order and collected mine one week later.... No more pre-order after a month later... If you want good donuts, please queue for at least 3 HOURS!!! Thank you!!! (>_<)
They are opening a branch soon at nearby Suntec City - Carrefour supermarket area. I may queue if its less than 30 minutes.
STILL, I will never queue for 3 hours!!! NO WAY for food!!!
Official Webby:
http://www.donutfactory.com.sg/
Online Review:
http://www.stomp.com.sg/stfoodiesclub/poshnosh/98/donut.html
Take a look at the Long Queue:
ALL I CAN SAY "CRAZY!!!"!!! 3 HOURS I CAN DO LOTSA THING!!!
*****************************************************************************************
DUNKIN' DONUTS:
YEAAAAAA!!! Dunkin' DONUTS is back!!! BUT it is only thru online ordering.... The boss behind is only 18 YEARS OLD!!! A Raffles Junior College student ---> Top school gives great geniuses?! Read more of him thru this webby... Smart Boy!!!
Webby Report: http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/guide/story/0,4136,131799,00.html

A box of Dunkin' Donuts!!!

Dunkin Donuts - Nothing great about the flavours.. Order 6 only.... :(
Blueberry, Vanilla Frost, Banana Chocolate (Pic: Top row, from left to right)
Double Chocolate, Big Orange, Bavarian Kreme (Pic: Bottom row, from left to right)
Verdict:
Well, I am not sure whether it is locally produce in a local factory/household or they bring back from the nearest Dunkin' Donuts' branch in JB, Malaysia... But definitely AUTHENTIC DUNKIN' DONUTS!!! At first, collection of donuts are available in 6 different places/MRT stations including Bedok MRT station (nearest to me) on Wednesday & Sunday.... Maybe due to the fact that it is getting more POPULAR and people opt to get from them since it will be crazy to queue 3 hours for DONUT FACTORY, they have change their collection locations at only City Hall MRT Station & Marymout Bus stop and on SUNDAY only!!!
SGD$8.40 for half a dozen. A total of 27 flavors!!! Nothing really special for their flavours as compare to DONUT FACTORY and VINCO.... It was not soft and fluffy as compare to the other 2 brands.... Too SWEET for my liking!!! At least it does stop my crave for doughnut.... for a while at least... Right size donuts!!!
I made another pre-order and will be a happy girl this coming Sunday!!! (^_^)
****************************************************************************************
VINCO - THE DOUGHNUTS PARLOUR:
The world is indeed small!!! Young Bosses again!!! Co-owned by one of my close secondary school classmates - Juli. Lost contact with her after I left secondary school... Told by bestie Yongrong dear that Juli has opened a shop at VIVOCITY.... Patronised her immediately the next day!!! She's from Indonesia and bring back to Singapore another successful brand of donut from her home country.
Pictures: Apologises that I lost my pics for Vinco and due to the queue (It get longer now) I have to give up getting it yesterday... (O_o)
Verdict:
Located only at VIVOCITY- the largest entertainment city in Singapore for now! 5-15 minutes queue is rather reasonable if you don't want to pre-order on the spot and collect in 1 to 2 hours later. More nicely renovated than DONUT FACTORY but rather small space (^_^)
SGD$9 for a dozen of ORIGINAL donuts and SGD$11 for a dozen of FLAVORED donuts. 15 flavors in total. Softer than DONUT FACTORY but in my honest opinion not as delicious as DONUT FACTORY still much much better than DUNKIN' DONUTS!!! My fave will be Mon Cherie, Chocolate Delight and Stormy Peanut!!! *Mmmmm Yummm!!!*
Official Webby:
http://www.vinco.com.sg/index.htm
****************************************************************************************
My all-time favorites will always be Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and Mister Donut!!! I am so crazy over them when I was a flight attendant and had to get them whenever I got a chance to!!! Nothing BEATS them!!!
MISTER DONUT - Originated from USA but widely promote in Japan and Asia!!! A very KAWAII (Cute) concept with a yellow lion as the mascot and I always have them for breakfast at China/Japan Stations!!! Not forgetting they have great flavours (colorful and tasty) and even TOYS for kids just like Mcdonald's Happy Meal!!! *I want!!!*
Official webbies:
1) USA - http://www.mister-donut.com/
2) Japan (I prefer to view this) - http://www.misterdonut.jp/
3) Taiwan - http://www.misterdonut.com.tw/index.asp
KRISPY KREME - Mainly available in USA and Europe... I still remember my first Krispy Kreme was a sample!!! They give you a full piece of doughnut for sample right after it was made!!! In the end, I bought half dozen and ate everything in the hotel room in New York!!! *Wahaha* Satisfying!!!
Nothing really fancy from them but Krispy Kreme can be consider the BEST tasting doughnuts ever!!!
Official webbies:
http://www.krispykreme.com/
****************************************************************************************
Well, putting on weight for Donuts may be worth it as they taste oooo soooo YUMMY!!!
Some Rings are meant to be eaten,
Lovaholic Vienne (*_*)
Labels: Food